Noun(1) ligament made of metal and used to fasten things or make cages or fences etc(2) a metal conductor that carries electricity over a distance(3) the finishing line on a racetrack(4) a message transmitted by telegraph
Verb(1) provide with electrical circuits(2) send cables, wires, or telegrams(3) fasten with wire(4) string on a wire(5) equip for use with electricity
(1) I pulled out my piece of stiff metal wire and inserted it into the small keyhole on the outside of the door.(2) Kneeling down next to the door so that the keyhole was on eye level, I produced the piece of wire and file that he'd given me and proceeded to try my hand at picking the lock.(3) But ancient cultures were the first to realize the creative potential of wire as artists turned thin gold threads into jewelry.(4) Abnormal cells are cut out using a heated wire with an electrical current running through it.(5) Thinking quickly, Brian used a piece of wire to hook the keys from inside the car.(6) copper wire(7) They claimed that vast quantities of gold and silver thread and wire for making lace were being regularly imported into Ireland.(8) Having very thin wire needles pushed into your skin and twiddled is a very bizarre experience.(9) As soon as the telegraph lines were back up and running she'd wire the Western Rangers, after all this was what they did for a living.(10) I just needed a piece of wire , or a stick or something.(11) Think of the analogy of an electric wire carrying more electricity than its diameter can safely carry.(12) And now she was here, doing what he'd asked while he listened on a wire .(13) He had an unruly mess of light brown hair and dark chocolate brown eyes hidden behind thin golden wire glasses.(14) he was expecting a friend in Australia to wire him $1,500(15) Diagonal pliers or ├ö├ç├┐dikes├ö├ç├û are actually intended to cut pieces of wire or small metal hardware like pins or nails.(16) She finished five lengths behind Azeri at the wire .
(1) wire transfer :: وائر ٹرانسفر
(2) barbed wire :: کانٹے دار تار
(3) wire mesh :: وائر میش
(4) live wire :: لائیو تار
(5) copper wire :: تانبے کی تار
(6) wire brush :: تار برش
(7) wire rope :: تار رسی
(8) steel wire :: سٹیل وائر
(9) lead wire :: لیڈ تار
(10) wire cutters :: تار کاٹنے والا
1. cable ::
2. conducting wire ::
3. telegram ::
4. cable ::
5. electrify ::
wire, wired, wireds, wires, wiring
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
We have a WIRE on Walt's phone.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 13
Then lift your shirt.
Show me you're not
wearing a WIRE.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 8
If I want a new pen,
I have to go to the bank with WIRE cutters.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 4
"20 minutes after coming in,
we started to WIRE