Noun(1) a business relation in which two parties compete to gain customers(2) an occasion on which a winner is selected from among two or more contestants(3) the act of competing as for profit or a prize(4) the contestant you hope to defeat
(1) Technology has become fashionable and with global market pressures, competition for new advances has never been higher.(2) If the three branches provided the same or similar function, competition between them could arise.(3) Young wasn't aware of any tendering or competition for the contract.(4) Plant and animal competition is most marked on fertile soils of eutrophic forests and grasslands.(5) The boom in India's tech industry also means stiff competition for good software developers.(6) But if not, at least get over there, check out the competition , and link someone, okay?(7) competition with ungulates or condylarths appears to have been the undoing of marsupials in North America(8) They want selective competition - competition for others but not for themselves.(9) The family atmosphere and the great competition make these events something very special.(10) In prehistoric times, natural disasters and competition with other species were the main causes.(11) The presence of these international competitors makes it likely that competition for future contracts will remain active.(12) Seventeen teams, one of the largest number of entries for many years, participated and competition was very keen.(13) In any event, competition , and the hiring away of key employees, continued apace.(14) there is fierce competition between banks(15) Jessica flicked the page over and checked out the competition .(16) The competition for attention works both ways in the relationship between governments and the populations they serve.
(1) perfect competition :: بہترین مقابلہ
(2) swimming competition :: مقابلہ تیراکی
(3) stiff competition :: سخت مقابلہ
(4) fair competition :: منصفانہ مسابقت
(5) sports competition :: کھیلوں کے مقابلے
(6) unfair competition :: غیر منصفانہ مقابلہ
(7) enter a competition :: مقابلے میں شامل ہو
(8) imperfect competition :: نامکمل مقابلہ
(9) price competition :: قیمت مقابلہ
1. contest ::
2. rivalry ::
3. opposition ::
4. contender ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
And without rules,
the COMPETITION has no meaning.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 6
not by knocking out
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 21
connect with the judges,
sabotage the COMPETITION.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 10
until he sees us
in the big dance COMPETITION.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 6
So, what are some ways we can set our
comic book store apart from the COMPETITION?
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 4
English to Urdu Dictionary: competition
Meaning and definitions of competition, translation in Urdu language for competition with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of competition in Urdu and in English language.
Tags for the entry "competition"
What competition means in Urdu, competition meaning in Urdu, competition definition, examples and pronunciation of competition in Urdu language.