Noun(1) a fine cord of twisted fibers (of cotton or silk or wool or nylon etc.(2) any long object resembling a thin line(3) the connections that link the various parts of an event or argument together(4) the raised helical rib going around a screw
Verb(1) to move or cause to move in a sinuous, spiral, or circular course(2) pass a thread through(3) remove facial hair by tying a fine string around it and pulling at the string(4) pass through or into(5) thread on or as if on a string
(1) The common thread in both situations is the communication of information in confidence to an adviser or therapeutic counsellor.(2) The common thread that ran throughout the entire discussion focused on the chasm that sometimes exists between teachers and retailers.(3) It was the suddenness with which the drop opened, more than a thousand feet from Hualapai Hilltop to the pale thread of the track below, that took my breath away.(4) It is frustration like not being able to thread a needle, no matter how hard you try.(5) The cameraman would show me how to thread the film and how to repair it.(6) We do not know where she got the needle from because neither of us can remember the last time we used a needle and thread .(7) The idea: thread a catheter up the femoral artery from the groin or through another blood vessel.(8) the Thames was a thread of silver below them(9) Armed with the strongest and finest cotton thread in the world, Bolton's weavers were able to produce the finest cotton material in the world.(10) Generally in an angioplasty, doctors thread a catheter through the femoral artery.(11) When the right pair was found, the woman was able to thread a needle again.(12) He wanted a car small enough to thread through city streets, yet big enough to take three people and their luggage.(13) Handiness with a needle and thread made her eldest child the obvious choice for such a task.(14) To my surprise, Emma takes some needle and thread out of one of her pockets.(15) One of the unexpected benefits of posting the article to a newsgroup was that a thread developed on the subject of competition on the London to Manchester route.(16) No, he didn't say any of that, he just sent us a link to the discussion thread .
(1) spool of thread :: دھاگے کی نلکی
(2) sewing thread :: سلائی دھاگہ
(3) thread count :: موضوع شمار
(4) screw thread :: سکرو موضوع
(5) needle and thread :: سوئی اور دھاگہ
(6) thread spool :: موضوع، فورم کے جمع کردہ
(7) hanging by a thread :: ایک دھاگے سے لٹک
(8) silk thread :: ریشم کے دھاگے
(9) thread the needle :: انجکشن موضوع
1. cotton ::
2. streak ::
3. gist ::
4. ribbon ::
5. screw thread ::
6. yarn ::
7. train of thought ::
خیال کا کارواں
8. pass ::
9. weave ::
10. string ::
11. wind ::
thread, threaded, threader, threaders, threading, threadlike, threads, thready
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
is dangling by a THREAD.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 6
Hey, let's not pull at that THREAD.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 9
- Hey, guys. What'd I miss, what'd I miss?
- Giselle's hanging by a THREAD.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 7
Anyone of you is a clue
and a THREAD that can be pulled.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 5
...because it has a higher THREAD count.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 20
English to Urdu Dictionary: thread
Meaning and definitions of thread, translation in Urdu language for thread with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of thread in Urdu and in English language.
Tags for the entry "thread"
What thread means in Urdu, thread meaning in Urdu, thread definition, examples and pronunciation of thread in Urdu language.