Noun(1) a small room (or recess(2) a toilet in Britain(3) a tall piece of furniture that provides storage space for clothes; has a door and rails or hooks for hanging clothes(4) a small private room for study or prayer
Verb(1) confine to a small space, as for intensive work
(1) That's changing as more of us come out of the closet - hence the improving statistics on gay-marriage support.(2) Victory is not won in the pulpit by firing intellectual bullets or wisecracks, but in the prayer closet .(3) It's time for lesbian breakups to come out of the closet .(4) Another described the huts of hermits on remote islands off the coast of Ireland and asked if I was constructing a prayer closet .(5) It's hard to find an environmentalist who is not a closet socialist - with a nice condo in the suburbs and two cars in the garage.(6) He's obviously terrible in bed, and there's one scene that suggests he's a closet homosexual - so what's to admire?(7) He, along with the others, was waiting for me by the second floor janitorial closet , a secluded and unused room just under the side stairwell.(8) The Left needs to come out of the closet about its spiritual dimensions.(9) The church has been ordaining closet homosexuals for 2000 years, but it seems to have problems ordaining honest ones.(10) It must have taken courage to come out of the closet , even on that limited scale; congratulations.(11) What's the best way for a gay or lesbian to come out of the closet ?(12) Suddenly they pulled him into a room that looked more like a janitor's closet then anything else.(13) He is a closet homosexual, quite clearly, and I'd advise him to act on his feelings.(14) It became impossible to closet millions of people behind a physical wall that was so easily penetrated by informatics.(15) I sat in my room, in my closet to be exact, and stared at the wall with my journal lying on my lap, waiting for me to fill its pages with tonight's occurrences.(16) Of course, there's always the possibility that she's got her own kind of closet issues.
(1) clothes closet :: کپڑے الماری
(2) come out of the closet :: الماری سے باہر آئے
(3) linen closet :: کپڑے الماری
(4) broom closet :: جھاڑو الماری
(5) water-closet :: پانی کا برتن
(6) walk-in closet :: واک میں الماری
1. cabinet ::
2. cupboard ::
3. wardrobe ::
4. armoire ::
5. locker ::
6. shut away ::
دور بند کر
7. sequester ::
8. seclude ::
9. cloister ::
سماج سے دور رہنا
10. confine ::
11. isolate ::
12. secret ::
13. covert ::
14. private ::
15. surreptitious ::
16. clandestine ::
17. underground ::
زمین کے اندر
18. furtive ::
closet, closeted, closeting, closets
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
with a CLOSET full of magic
tricks at his mother's house.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 3
The letter was found in Bernadette's CLOSET.
Doesn't that count for something?
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 19
You're coming out of
the CLOSET, aren't you?
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 20
They don't know you're here with us,
so you hide in the CLOSET.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 19
...and then it'll end up in his CLOSET
with all the other junk.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 7
English to Urdu Dictionary: closet
Meaning and definitions of closet, translation in Urdu
language for closet with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of closet in Urdu and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'closet'
What closet means in Urdu, closet meaning
in Urdu, closet
definition, examples and pronunciation
of closet in Urdu language.